Admission to the Sophomore Level
Applicants to the Sophomore Level should hold the Lebanese Government Secondary Certificate (previously Lebanese Bacc.II) or its equivalent. The certificates which admit to this level are:
- Official Lebanese Government Secondary Certificate (Previously Lebanese Baccalaureate part II), the Technical Baccalaureate, the French Baccalaureate, the German Abitur, and the Italian Maturita
- International Baccalaureate (IB) with 6 subjects (3 at higher level and 3 at standard level)
- International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) at Ordinary Level (O Level) and General Certificate of Education at Advanced Level (GCE A Level) with 7different subjects (5 at Ordinary Level and 2 at Advanced Level), excluding Arabic. AUST does not recognize advanced supplementary subjects or GCE’s at Ordinary Level only, irrespective of the number of subjects passed
- CEGEP II (College d’Enseignement General et Professional)
- All Arab official secondary certificates e.g. Syrian Bacc., Saudi Secondary School Certificate etc.
It is to be noted that
- Holders of the Official Lebanese Government Secondary Certificate (Previously Lebanese Baccalaureate part II)or the French Baccalaureate must apply to the Sophomore Level
- Holders of official secondary certificates other than the Official Lebanes Government Secondary Certificate and the French Baccalaureate may also apply to the Freshman Level
Advanced Placement Exams
Freshman credits may be given for high grades on the Advanced Placement Exams of the College Board after securing the approval of the concerned academic departments.