In this age of technological advancement, computer literacy is vital; CLD offers you the chance to develop the ability to use computers and related technology efficiently, with a range of skills, from elementary use to programming and advanced problem solving.
ICDL: It is an internationally recognized standard of competence, a widely acceptable certificate that asserts that the holder has the knowledge and skills needed to use the most common computer applications efficiently and productively in the workplace and at home.
- Computer Essentials - skills and concepts relating to the use of devices, file creation and management, networks and data security.
- Online Essentials - skills and concepts relating to web browsing, effective information search, online communication and e-mail.
- Word Processing – skills to accomplish everyday tasks associated with creating, formatting and finishing word processing documents, such as letters, CVs, and other documents.
- Spreadsheets – skills to perform tasks associated with developing, formatting, modifying and using a spreadsheet, to use standard formulas and functions, and to competently create and format graphs or charts.
- Presentation – create professional standard presentations. Perform tasks such as creating, formatting, modifying and preparing presentations using different slide layouts for display and printed distribution.
- Using Databases - use a desktop database effectively. Understand the main concepts of databases and demonstrate the ability to use a database application: creating and modifying tables, queries, forms and reports, and preparing outputs ready for distribution. Learning to relate tables and to retrieve and manipulate information from a database by using query and sort tools.
- Web Editing - enables you to understand the key web editing and publishing concepts, and to design, create, upload, and maintain a static website.
- Image Editing - acquire the skills and knowledge to use a variety of programs to manipulate images, and prepare an image for printing or for publishing on the Web.
- Project Planning – learn to use project management software to prepare project plans and monitor projects including planning and managing time, costs, tasks, and resources.
- IT Security – learn how to keep your organization’s data safe, and how to be safe online, including secure social media use.
- Online Collaboration – develops the concepts and skills relating to the setup and use of online collaborative tools, calendars, social media, web meetings, learning environments, mobile technology, and cloud computing.
- 2D Computer Aided Design - provides the skills for the creation and manipulation of objects or elements in two-dimensional design. Learn how to change object properties, and about the printing or plotting of outputs.
- Health Information Systems Usage - aimed at users of patient data systems, such as doctors, nurses and healthcare support staff. It defines the skills necessary for staff to operate a health information system (HIS) efficiently and securely.
- Advanced Word Processing - use the advanced features of word processing applications to enhance your work, improve productivity, and save time. Ideal for the workplace.
- Advanced Spreadsheets - bring your spreadsheet skills to an expert level. Use the full potential of the spreadsheet application to produce higher quality management information. Perfect for any job roles that require advanced calculations.
- Advanced Database – use the advanced tools available in database applications to better manage, organize, and report structured information: invaluable skills in many job roles.
- Advanced Presentation - a vital tool for anyone who wishes to create effective, high-impact presentations using advanced features of presentation software.