BA in Communication Arts / Advertising
The program enables students to achieve, by the time of graduation:
- An ability to apply advertising from traditional print, electronic, and outdoor campaigns to “nontraditional” online, social media, and guerilla marketing promotions.
- An ability to plan and implement basic research and interpret research results as they apply to advertising campaigns.
- An ability to recognize the societal impact of advertising and the need for ethical practitioners.
- An ability to identify the role account management, research, creative, and the media department play in a full-service advertising agency, and the full-time positions available in each.
- An ability to target mass and niche audiences via audience research to create an advertising plan.
- An ability to utilize persuasion theories and advertising strategies when developing an advertising strategy.
- An ability to assess an organization’s advertising needs and recommend solutions that can be carried out via social media.
- An ability to synthesize broader liberal arts knowledge with the principles of advertising in order to create effective advertising campaigns.