BA in Communication Arts / Journalism
The program enables students to achieve, by the time of graduation:
- An ability to apply the full range of journalistic reporting, researching, interviewing, editing and writing.
- An ability to effectively cover the diversity of groups in a global society.
- An ability to conduct research and evaluate information by methods appropriate to the communications professions in which they work.
- An ability to write correctly and clearly in forms and styles appropriate for the communications professions, audiences and purposes they serve.
- An ability to critically evaluate their own work and that of others for accuracy and fairness, clarity, appropriate style and grammatical correctness.
- An ability to apply tools and technologies appropriate for communication.