BA in Communication Arts / Public Relations
The program enables students to achieve, by the time of graduation:
- An ability to apply Public Relations concepts.
- An ability to recognize the ethical component involved in responsible Public Relations practices.
- An ability to identify the primary strategic functions of news management, community relations, crisis management, and lobbying and the full-time positions available in each.
- An ability to conduct a communication audit to achieve client goals and meet the needs of diverse publics.
- An ability to utilize persuasion and communication theories when formulating Public Relations tactics.
- An ability to assess an organization’s Public Relations needs and recommend solutions that can be carried out via social media.
- An ability to create a public relations campaign.